Friday 14 November 2014

Little Things

Little things that have made me happy this week ::

Thing One ~ watching my boy march at the front of the Remembrance Parade last Sunday playing his bagpipes.


He looked so smart in his uniform and I'm not ashamed to say that I had a little tear in my eye as I watched him march past. Such a Proud Mummy Moment!


Thing Two ~ unearthing my Little Boy Blue Granny Stripe (which has been on the go for much longer than I care to admit!), and adding a few more lovely blue stripes. It feels like it's just the right kind of weather now to be crocheting a blanket too. I think that I must be almost 3/4 of the way done with this blanket now and it is getting quite heavy. There is something quite comforting about feeling the weight of the blanket on your knee as you crochet, and I must say that it is doing a really good job of keeping me cosy as I crochet away adding stripes.


Thing Three ~ ordering some Rico Creative Cotton for my latest project from The Wool Warehouse and being delighted when I opened the parcel and found that it came all nicely packaged up in a beautiful little organza bag. I really didn't expect that ~ what a lovely thing to do!

Hoping you all have a very lovely weekend :O)xx

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Your blanket is looking very well and will soon be finished. It's great to be working on a blanket as the weather gets cooler! Your new cotton looks nice - looking forward to seeing what you make with it. What a lovely day you must have had watching your son playing. He looks so smart in his uniform.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,
Lovely to meet you via our bloggy community.
Your son looks super smart, you did well to hold back and not blubber uncontrollably-a very proud moment indeed.
Wonderful blanket you are making, I can't wait to get another started-oh and those organza bags from W/wharehouse are fab aren't they-I said oooh out loud when mine arrived.
Have a lovely week
Helen