Wednesday 4 January 2012

A New Year ~ 2012

Well, here we are, already four days in to a brand New Year. I hope that you all had a very lovely time at Christmas ~ although, I must say that Christmas seems like it was absolutely ages ago! We took all our decorations down yesterday before my lovely husband went back to work and now the house looks very bare indeed.

It was our very first Christmas in our new house and we all had a really wonderful time, despite being loudly awakened at half past two in the morning by a very bouncy and excited small boy, shouting "He's been!". Once he had opened his stocking he was more than happy enough to go back to sleep until a more reasonable hour! Thank Goodness! As usual my two Small People were well and truly spoilt! The day itself was fairly quiet ~ we had some family over for Christmas lunch and I'm pleased to report that I all my panicking over cooking Christmas lunch was a bit silly as everyone said nice things about the food and it all got eaten ~ so it can't have been that bad!!


I've enjoyed lots of very lazy days during these holidays ~ days sitting around in my pyjamas with my feet up, drinking lots of tea and consuming vast amounts of chocolate. I have also been lucky enough to have been able to spend quite a bit of time indulging in some Hooky Stuff and there has also been the sound of clicking knitting needles too.


Due to numerous factors, (but mainly because we were in the middle of moving house and everything was packed away) last year was a very unproductive year for me crochet wise so I am planning to make amends for it this year. I'd love to be able to find the time to finish all my WIP's, and maybe even produce twelve finished woolly things by the end of the year! I'd also love to have a go at knitting myself a pair of socks ~ surely it can't be that hard, can it?


I'm off now to hook a couple more rows of my blue Granny Stripe ~ there may even be a cup of tea to be had too ~ but this time there's definitely no chocolate allowed! :O)xx

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I've just posted on my blog that i hope to have 12 finished things this year too! Wonder if we will?

Unknown said...

Am so pleased you had a nice Christmas. Am loving the pretty crochet. Hugs x

Joanne said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas, little ones get so excited and I find it quite contagious.
I have removed all chocolate and sweets from the house as I feel sick of it, you can't help but keep eating it if its just sitting there.
I've signed up to The Felt Fairy to do a monthly make for 2012. Just to try and motivate me to finish one thing a month.

Catherine said...

I can't wait to see them all! Cx

Jane said...

Your granny blanket is looking lovely, I hope you get lots of hooky time this year. And yes, do try knitting some socks - it's not nearly as hard as I thought it'd be - but VERY addictive! :) I used the yarn harlot's sock cheat sheet in Knitting Rules, and it's very clearly written up. good luck!
Jane x

Julie said...

Hiya - just popping over to return your call. really good to meet a fellow east lothian crafty blogger! Good luck with your 12 makes for the year. Your crochet blanket is going to be beautiful. Juliex