Thursday 24 February 2011

Birthday time again!


It was my birthday yesterday ~ another year has zoomed by at a most alarming rate and here I am another year older and I'd like to think that I was another year wiser too ~ but probably not! And although I know that it's said that age is just a number I have to say that I would like that number to be ever so slightly less than what it is just now ~ but Onwards and Upwards is the only way to go!

I had a very nice day and was thoroughly spoilt by my lovely husband who took the day off work especially to wait on me hand and foot and to make sure my day was extra special. I do absolutely love him to bits ~ He is the best!!

I got lots of lovely cards and flowers and of course there was also chocolates and cakes served with large amounts of tea.


Amongst my favourite birthday things was this lovely card drawn for me by my little boy and a little stitched picture made for me by my daughter, who has obviously been watching me stitch away over the past couple of days.


And talking about stitching, here is where I'm at just now with my Quilty Hearts needlepoint ~ I'm almost finished with only a couple more hearts to stitch.

Of course when I've not been stitching I have been hooking away and making progress with my colourful Rico cotton stripes too.

Hope that you all enjoy the rest of your week ~ have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you soon :O)xxx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for yesterday!!! Hope your day was truly fantastic!! :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday! Time does seem to go by too fast as you get older, not sure how!
Glad you had a good day.
x

Floss said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely, coulourful set of birthday photos!

Tinyholder said...

haha, your birthday as well (so many birthdays at the moment). Was mine yesteday too. Hope you had a good one. x

Kimbles said...

Glad you had a lovely day Jackie Happy Birthday! You are right, the years are seeming to fly by aren't they! Love the hearts needlpoint by the way! x

Hazel said...

Happy belated birthday! Lovely gifts and love your hearts and Rico. x

LissyLou said...

Happy Birthday!

I spy some completely gorgeous cushions!!!

xx

Apples and Pears said...

Hi Jackie! It looks like we both had happy birthdays on the 23rd! I got some lovely hand made cards and things from my seven year old - including a mask!!! Husband said he wished that he'd thought of that!!! Cheek. xx

Unknown said...

Oh wow, hope you had a lovely birthday. Sending you lots of love and hugs xx

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Thanks for popping over mine, love your blog, full of craft and baking :-)