Thursday 1 October 2009

Flowery favourites

Today I thought that I would have a bit of a flowery post and tell you all about my favourite flowery bits and pieces..........


My very favourite flowers in the whole world are these beautiful pink lilies. I absolutely LOVE the way that they smell...... the way that they practically take over the house when they bloom and the way that they look so very pretty with their big pink petals in perfect contrast to their greenery. I Love them because they remind me of when my little girl was born when my room in the hospital was filled with their smell and their prettiness. My lovely husband always buys me a great big pink bunch of them on our little girl’s birthday and our Anniversary.


I also love pink carnations ~ my Dad bought my Mum these flowers when I was born and my lovely Mum now buys me some every year for my birthday too. I love how family traditions are made and that a simple gesture from my Dad to my Mum all those years ago is still being made from my Mum to me.


Another flowery favourite of mine is the little Attic 24 inspired crocheted flower pot which I made a few weeks ago. It now has pride of place on my bedroom window sill and it always brings a little smile to my face when I see it sitting there looking very colourful and pretty.


I also love my very flowery blue Cath Kidston Knitting/Crochet bag which my best friend bought me for my birthday last year. I have to say that it has had quite few derogatory comments thrown at it by various members of my family ~ words such as Granny and Old Lady have been said about it ~ but I don’t care! I love it!! and it is a very useful bag too........


Finally, I love these little Flowery summer garden squares which I started to make yesterday when I really should have been doing some very yukky housework! Once again they are another wonderful inspiration from the very lovely Lucy over at Attic 24. I am not quite sure what I am going to make with them yet ~ I would like to think that I could make a lovely flowery blanket to cosy up with on the sofa in the winter ~ but we shall see! :O)

13 comments:

Thedarkerside73 said...

What lovely traditions you have! Very pretty flowers too.

My favourites are Gerbas, I love the pink ones the best, but any colour really cheers me up. And roses are my other favourite. I have always loved the way they look and smell. One of my favourite perfumes is Casis Rose from the body shop. Such a beautiful smell.

Well I love you CK bag its beautiful. And judging by CK's enduring popularity there must be a bit of old lady in us all! lol.


MBBx

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

What a lovely post! Very sweet about the smell reminding you of being in hospital when you had your daughter. It's amazing how smells can take you back to a memory in an instant :) x

Floss said...

Beautiful flowers but very lovely traditions too! I also enjoyed the10th birthday/anniversary post - our younger son is still 10, although heading towards his next birthday at a frightening rate - he's already in secondary school! Thanks for two very moving posts.

MelMel said...

Afternoon!
What a lovely post....so pretty and colourful!x

lisa ridgeon said...

Lillies are beautiful and i love the carnation tradition. About a year ago Hubby asked what my favourite flower is so i told him 'Gerbera'. They look like big daisies and are such a happy looking flower. I wrote it on a post-it for him and he put it in his wallet so he doesn't forget. He's bought me flowers since but i still haven't had any gerbera's!
X X

Sarah said...

Lillies are lovely and their smell is equally as lovely! I like any fragranced flower infact.
You've got great taste with your CK bag!
x

Catherine said...

Very pretty! My favourite pink flower is the dahlia. I love lillies but my husband doesn't like the smell so I can't have them in the house :o(
BTW I love your Cath Kidston bag! Not grannyish at all!! LOL!!

Hooked in Hove said...

What a lovely post! Lilies are my favourite flowers too - I love the Stargazers and the smell is wonderful! The CK knitting bag is on my wish list (athough I may make my own if I ever finish my other bits!). I keep my yarn in a CK bag at the moment.
I love the colours in your granny squares = I've used similar blues and teals in my granny blanket - you can see it on my blog. The pink centres on yours really pick them up - love it!

Unknown said...

I spy a Lucy....Lover... and all those flower added to the mix, wonderful. We've moved to fall ones here,so it's nice to remember what pink and purple look like.

Kate said...

I love this post! So colourful and cheery! I think your bag is gorgeous and I am very excited to watch your new squares become something.

JuanitaTortilla said...

Ah, pink lilies are really lovely. And I like how lilies last longer than most other flowers I can think of :)
That crochet basket of flowers is too cute and lovely for words. It DID make me smile. Thanks for sharing!

tania said...

Love the colours of your summer flower squares xx

Anonymous said...

Hi there,I ve found your blog through blog hopping and am so glad I did,a fellow crochet lover! I love the little pot of flowers youve made and wonder if I could be cheeky and ask how you made it?Hope you dont mind,Id really like to have a go at something different from cushions and blankets:)best wishes,julie.xx