Monday 19 January 2009

Knitting on DPNs


It's not as easy as it looks!!

I have never knitted on DPNs before and thought that I would give it a try. Inspired by a lovely pair of wristwarmers that I saw on Esther's blog - Hetty's happy days! - I decided to try and make myself a pair. The pattern is called Cabled Fingerless Gloves and can be found on Ravelry.

What a tangle I got myself into!! Where did I put all these extra needles and how did it all work? At first I ended up abandoning the cable pattern, as dealing with 5 needles was just a bit too much for me to get to grips with and I just knitted a plain "practise" mitt.

Then it all finally sank in and I started to get the hang of it! I have now completed about half of my first mitt and I am quite pleased with how it looks so far :O)

3 comments:

periwinkle said...

good for you :-)
lisa x

Esther said...

it gets easier with more practice :o)

French Knots said...

Once it 'clicks' you'll be away! If you find the dpns slippy try using bamboo needles instead as they seem to grip the wool a bit more. Keep at it!